Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Situation Report

After meeting with our teacher, Mrs. Garrido, and meeting with my team I have a better understanding of what my roles and responsibilities are. Before we met with our teacher, I was the contact person to set up the meeting time and relay expectations, etc. Throughout the project I will continue this role in being the main communicator with the teacher. She is great to work with and said we could really do whatever we wanted as long as we let her know ahead of time. Therefore, I plan on keeping her updated as much as possible. Hopefully close communication will help with the success of our project.

Another responsibility I have is going in the classroom one day a week to work with the students using blogger, voice thread, and imovie. Our goal is to promote literacy not only in the classroom but also in the community. We are going to do this through the social media tools listed above. Each student will have the opportunity to create their own blog, record a voice thread about their favorite book, and participate in creating a public service announcement.

Next week Marissa and Lauren will go into the class to give a mini-lesson to the students. They will explain what we are going to be doing and hopefully spark the interest of the students. Mrs. Garrido said the students are starting to fall in love with reading and literacy so they should jump right on board!

I am really excited to see where our project goes. However, I am somewhat nervous about the time frame. I hope we are able to get everything we have planned accomplished but if not we will just need to make modifications!

No comments:

Post a Comment